Saturday, August 12, 2006

My Guy...Teen Son

My Guy...Teen Son
My Guy is fearless
He's handsome and smart
He also holds a special place
In his mother's heart.
Sometimes I feel all mushy
And full of motherly pride
But I try to not over do the praise
And just enjoy the things
I feel inside.
Someday when he's older
Maybe I will tell him how I feel
When it won't embarrass him
When my heart I can reveal.
But now I don't want to ruin his image
And make kids think he's a wimp
Whose Mom is overly mushy or proud
And I carefully weigh the things I say
................outloud.
Thena

2 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

Dear Thena,

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! I am soooo touched! I have your book "I Need A Poem About...".

I love that book!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting. I hope you drop by again sometime.

Jolene George said...

What a great poem....especially since I have so many boys. I've been enjoying reading your poems for years.