Monday, March 03, 2008

Does Heaven Hold a Flock of Butterflies

Does Heaven Hold a Flock of Butterflies
(a four year old in Heaven)

Does Heaven hold a flock of butterflies
That flitter flower to flower
A sweet meadow where a little boy
Could chase them hour by hour?
Is there a special room for trains
And toys that little boys like
Do they have skateboards to ride
And for toddlers, are there trikes?
And when I join you there someday
Will you have aged at all?
Or will my same bright eyed four year old
Answer this loving mother's call?
I do not know if we stay there
The same age forever more
I only know Heaven will be sweeter
Than anything we've known before.
And if I see a toddler
Come running to welcome me home
Or if I see a grown up young man
I'll recognize him as my own!
Thena

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must find a way to combine these blogs! This is too good to miss! I'll have to start reading both!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Beautiful poem Thena! I love it!

scrappinkay said...

this is so beautiful, is this the one you wrote for my friend about her little boy that died, Daegen?

Misty Cato said...

Thena, this is so beautiful. I can't believe this is the first time I've made it to your blog. I'll be a regular now.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and fits so perfectly for me. I lost my lil boy when he was four years old two years ago and could never find just the right poem. Thank you so much, I love it so much.

Kim J,
Mother to angel Jacob

Becky said...

Thena, I love your blog. I have a link to yours on my blog http://beckysscrap.blogspot.com/
This poem is so fitting, My story is not about a little boy, but my father-in-law. A couple months after he passed away i was sitting on our deck and a butterfly landed on my arm and sat and visited a while. I thought it could be dad visiting because it has never happened before or after. Thanks for sharing your words with us
Hugs & Blessings
Becky