Friday, April 15, 2011

A Little Boy's Prayer

Little Boys Prayer

I turned out the light
And walked out the door
But something, a gentle whisper,
certainly nothing more
Kept me from moving farther away
And it was then I heard my little one pray...

Kneeling there
At the side of his bed
With tiny hands folded
And bowing his head
These were the words my little one said:

"God bless my Daddy
And keep him safe each day
And tell him please
We miss him so
Since he had to go away.

God bless my Mommy too
And tell her not to cry
That you are keeping Daddy safe
And can see him from the sky.

Sometimes I hear My Mommy
Crying in her room at night
She thinks that I don't hear her
After she turns out the light.

It's not that I am nosey
Or doing something I ought not to do
You see Dear God I hear her
Because I am crying too..."

With eyes brimming full of tears
I quietly walked away that night
But suddenly felt within my heart
That I would be all right.

I could not say what God would do
But I knew we were surely in His care
And felt so gently reassured
By one tiny little boy's prayer...

Thena

No comments: