Tuesday, May 24, 2011

When Unexpected Heartache Comes

Today an out of nowhere heartache came
And took me by surprise
Made a sadness in my soul
And brought tears to my eyes.
It’s true that those whom we love most
And are our most cherished family
Can be the reason for our sudden pain
As we replay their memories.
We hurt because they left us too soon
And our hearts feel as if they’re breaking.
How can we keep on going in this pain
With the toll this grief is taking?
I felt God speak to me, not in words that I could hear
But in a moment of such comfort in my spirit
That I knew that He was near.
I thought of my Mom in Heaven
And how happy she must be
Would I really wish her to come back
When her spirit has been set free?
How could I wish someone who has seen the Lord
To come back to comfort me?
I dried my eyes and looked toward Heaven
As if my Mom could see
And thanked God the Father
For the Mom He had given me.
I thanked Him for the memories
Of wonderful times we had together
And for the comfort in knowing
That when we meet again
It will be forever.
Thena

No comments: