Monday, July 11, 2011

For Friends who lost a pet

Loss of Dog


Our Yogie lost her battle today
So quietly she passed away.
People said she was a lot like me
Well, as much as a doggie could be.

She stole my heart so instantly
When first I saw her and she saw me
From day one until she lost her fight
She daily brought us such joy and delight.

The day came when there was no doubt
Of the difficult task that I must do
No one had to tell me it was time
For in my heart, saddly, I knew.

But mercifully God saw fit
To let her be at home and sleep
In her favorite bed
For her heart's last beat.

I'm sadder than I thought I could ever bear
And tears flow, oh so frequently
As special memories come flooding back
Of just how much she meant to me.

God bless my little Yogie
And please keep her close
For of all the doggies I've ever had
She's the one who loved me most!

Thena

No comments: