Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The What Ifs

From time to time they hit me
Like a rock upon my head
I can feel them the moment
That I get up from my bed!

It isn’t that monster from childhood
That brings the “oh no” from my lips
But that dreaded of all grown up fears-
The terrible “What Ifs”.

What if I had done this differently
What if the sky should fall
What if I should have answered my phone
For that last landline call…

What if I had gone to work earlier
What if I had not stopped to complain
What if I had spent more wisely
And not let funds go down the drain…

But today I have determined
To let them bother me no more
I know that God forgives my mistakes
And has good things in store.

So when those “what ifs”
Try to sneak up in my mind today
I just say a little prayer
And send them on their way!
Thena

No comments: