Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Poem a Day

The Time Will Come

The time will come
When I am gone
But what memories of my life
Will linger on?
Will my love for you
Have been evident
By the time that together, we spent?
And will you have understood
My hopes and dreams
As I hoped you would?
Did you know that my heart was sincere
And I didn’t say things just to tickle your ear
But things from my heart and soul I shared
To let you know how much I cared?
Will you miss me enough to say
As you go about your day
That I made a bit of difference in your heart
At least a tiny little part
And caused you to hold life a little tighter
Or made your burden a littler lighter?
If this is true my dearest friends
Then my life never really ends
But parts of it will linger on each day
As you go along the way
With a smile that wafts ever so fleetingly
As you remember the friend you had in me.

Thena

1 comment:

Shalah said...

I really enjoyed this poem. IT really touched me

amymarie