Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I asked the Father up above
How can I be sure I have your love
And then He showed me through the years
Faces of those who had shared my tears,
Loved ones who had stood by me
And encouraged me at every opportunity.
Each time I called on Him
And thought He had not come
It was He who had nudged these friends
Each and every one.
The unexpected love note
That appeared in my mail box
Or was stuck inside my door,
The little fistful of flowers from a tiny hand
Or a big bouquet perhaps a bit more grand
All spurred on by love and care
And gentle reminders in the giver's spirit
As the result of answered prayer
That had silently asked of the Heavenly throne
"Dear Father, show me that you care."
This made me ever more mindful of the gentle nudge
That comes to me from time to time
To do a giving and loving action
To someone He places in my mind.
For now I know that loud and clear
He is reminding me of someone dear
Who needs a gentle touch or two
To let the Father's love come shinning through.
And in a very simple way
Say "I thought of you today
And said a special little prayer
That God keep you always in His care."

Thena

No comments: