Saturday, January 08, 2011

Night Before an Electronic Christmas

T’was the night before Christmas,
when all through the house
One digital scrapbooker was diligently working her mouse;
She downloaded from Action Fx cool things which she knew
Would make far easier projects yet to do!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Adobe CS5 she soon would find there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Game Boys danced in their heads;
And Mamma in her ‘kerchief and I in my cap,
Had just settled down with our laptops and Kindles before a long winter’s nap;
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from reading Facebook to see what was the matter.
Away to the security monitor I flew like a flash,
Pushed down on the controls which brought evidence fast.
The moon on the frozen tree branches and knee deep snow,
Made me so thankful I had no place to go!,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a friend dressed in red driving his big green John Deer!,
With this little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be our friend Rick.
More rapid than beagles his wheels they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called out our names;
“Now, Ronald! now, Thena! now, Taffy and Cozy!
Hey, Tina Yo Missy! And you too Miss Rosy!
He rain to the porch! Then climbed to the top of the wall!
He struggled with a bag holding package for one and for all!
Then up to the house-top with a special rocket he flew,
With the bag full of Toys, and our friend Rickolas too.
With the bundle of Toys he had flung on his back,
He looked kind of funny and that made me laugh.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
With iPods and smart phones filling his hands
He quickly deposited them meeting each kid’s request
And even had a Wii for our Christmas guest!
PlayStations, digital cameras TVs with flat screens,
Laptops and desktops And sewing machines
All peeked from his bag as he opened it up
Ere he took out for me, a sweet little pup.
Quickly back to the window he went
And before I who watched, knew it
He opened the sliding partition
And quickly moved right through it.
I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight
No more chimneys for me
They are all far too tight!

Thena

No comments: