Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sometimes the Light Hurts Our Eyes

Sometimes the Light Hurts Our Eyes

My lights in my workroom had grown dim
With a number of bulbs burnt out
But having problems with my eyes
That it was my vision's fault, I had no doubt.
But once my vision was repaired
I saw how dark the room had become
And replaced each of the burnt out bulbs
One by one by one.
The room grew so bright, that to my surprise
I found at first I had to shield my eyes
For they were so accustomed to the gloom
They were pained from the brightly lit room.

Sometimes in life we get used to the darkness
That gets worse and worse each day
Only our Father can take that gloom away
He brings such brightness such truth and love
That shines from Him who Created Heaven above.
At first we may want our eyes to hide
Least He shine that light inside
Revealing all our faults and fears
But first He wipes away our tears
And bids us come and enjoy Sonshine and Peace
For His love and mercy is real and will never cease.

I pray my eyes never again go back
Into the world so dim and black
But that His light through me would shine
For I am His and He is mine.
Thena Cullen Smith

No comments: