Saturday, February 11, 2012

Procrastination

Procrastination

I awoke on Monday
With a poem about procrastination
Filling up the brain space in my head
But since it was early-I went back to bed.

Tuesday would be soon enough.
To write, I would not forget,
But when Wednesday came around
I had not written it yet.

Thursday, I postponed it,
I put off the little task
And when Friday came around
(Do you really have to ask?)

Today is Saturday
And to define procrastination
In a few chosen lines of verse
Is the choice for me to do
Without taking time to rehearse.

No more avoiding the challenge,
No more deferring it in any way
I will do this thing-
And not wait another day.

Alas, it has been so long
Since I recorded my intention
That I seem to have forgotten
The actual definition!!

Thena

No comments: