Thursday, May 22, 2008

For Son on Wedding Day

Years ago when I was young
And prayed for a son of my own
I prayed not only for the infant
But for the son when grown.
I prayed for his health and strength
For faith and courage too
And the Father heard my prayer
And sent me the precious gift of you.
As you grew up in wisdom and stature
I watched you with adoring eyes
And that you turned out so wonderfully
Was certainly no surprise.
And from the time you arrived to share
The home we made for you
It was my daily fervent prayer
That God prepare the perfect wife for you.
Again I sit with tears of utmost joy
As I see God's gift to my dear boy
And I will praise Him all my life
For the wonderful lady he sent
To be your bride and loving wife!
Thena

2 comments:

Traci said...

Thena, You must know my darling DIL. Thank you for this poem!

Becky said...

Thank You so much. I printed this and put it in my son's wedding card. I also posted it on my blog http://beckysscrap.blogspot.com and linked it to you. I always have a link to your site on my Blog. You are fabulous.
Hugs and Blessings
Becky