Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Mother's Prayer for Daughter in Law

A Mother's Prayer
I prayed for you
Before I ever met you
And once I saw you
I knew I would never forget you.
There was something about you
That was special and rare
But I didn't know yet
That you were the answer to my prayer.
You were the answer to the prayer
For the one my son would wed
I prayed for you from the time he was born
And this is where my prayers led.
I prayed for your health
Health of body, soul and spirit
And I knew always in my heart
That God, our Father, would hear it.
And now I know just who you are
And how you found your way
Into our hearts and homes and lives
And to your wedding day.
I have put together this little book
To show you how much we care
How proud we are to celebrate together
The answer to a mother's prayer.
Thena

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful poem and expresses what I want to tell my future daughter-in-law. Thanks for posting this!!! It was a gift from God to me!! Blessings, Mary (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Becky said...

Thank You so much. I printed this and put it in my son's wedding card. I also posted it on my blog http://beckysscrap.blogspot.com and linked it to you. I always have a link to your site on my Blog. You are fabulous.
Hugs and Blessings
Becky

Anonymous said...

Thena, Your poem expresses my heart and I'm sending it to my son's bride. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful poem! I tried to tell my daughter-in-law on the phone how she amazes me and how much she means to me, but I couldn't find the words. This poem said what I felt and more. Thank you again! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thena

Thank you so very much for the lovely poem about a daughter in law.

Please could you give me advise about the "book" that you talk about in the poem, and if you could write something other than a book that's given something else, 'cos i do not know what kind of book i would give her...

Thank you kindly

I so appreciate it!