Saturday, September 30, 2017


Pray When You Kneel
 
It saddens me to see the way
Our sports heroes act today
They use the support of the game they play
To cause chaos in a special way.
They say they want to take a knee
To show the sins of you and me
But unless as they kneel they pray
I can’t see that this helps
In any way.
It’s just become another fad
Something that makes most people sad.
It doesn’t even any score
And just separates us even more.
Christians "take a knee" every day
When they kneel by their beds to pray.
No cameras or lights are on
There is no music and no song
Just a prayer to our Father above
To let us show the world His love.
There is no prerequisite for color
No certain salary one needs to receive
Just that when you kneel and speak to God
In His Son, Jesus, you believe.
When I "take a knee" I praise the Father
For all He's done for me
And I think Him that because of His Son
We can live eternally.
So tonight before you close your eyes
Don't fret about the things you can't undo
But concentrate on God's Holy Word
And the tasks assigned to you.

Thena Cullen Smith

No comments: