Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Poem a Day

The Mom I Know and Love (Alzheimer's)

In this book are photos
Of someone so dear to me,
Someone I love so very much
And whose face I love to see.

Time was when those eyes were bright
And intelligence and love shone through-
Much different than the eyes
Which today stare back at you.

For those are not my mother's real eyes,
Though I see them in her face-
Those eyes that once showed her soul
And gave each one a warm embrace.

This awful disease has tried to claim
The mother that I love,
But Perhaps when her mind seems not with us
She is visiting with God above...

Perhaps He sees that she is weary
And lacks the strength to stand,
And comes and visits with her
And takes her by the hand.

Perhaps though to us her mind seems blank
And her voice cannot find the words to say,
She is enjoying a Heavenly stroll
And will tell us about it someday!

Thena For my friend whose mom suffered from this

No comments: