Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What Was it Like?

What was it like, Mom
When my Grandmom knew who you were?
What was it like when you visited her
And she knew you were there?
What was she like when she was alert
And able to visit and chat?
Tell me about the way she spoke-
Can you please tell me about that?
I know you love her, Mommy
And I know she was special to you
But I haven't seen her in all my life
The way she must have been to you.
She was my rock, sweetheart
She was my shoulder, my best friend
We had such wonderful visits
That I couldn't bear for them to end.
She was my inspiration, darling
She inspired in me the desire to do
All of the wonderful things
That I want to do with you.
She was the inspiration for motherhood
The one whose footsteps I desire to follow each day
She is the one who taught me how to love
And the one who taught me how to pray.
She is my shinning example of love unconditional
She is a sweet living legacy
She showed me in her life each day
The kind of mother I wanted to be.
Thena

No comments: