Sunday, May 07, 2006

To My Adult Daughter in Honor of Mother’s Day

Today I sit and admire my Mother’s Day gift from you
Sent to make sure that I am aware of your love
And I want say that I love you too.
And that even though it is wonderful
To be remembered in such a way,
More important is my joy
That you show me your love every day.

From the time I held you in my arms
And looked into your precious face
And felt the softness of you skin
As I held you in my embrace,
I knew that nothing could ever compare
To the overwhelming love that I felt there.

Your daddy and I took turns
Tiptoeing into your room at night
Ostensibly to check your covers
Or to turn out your little light
But oft times at your crib we met each other
With no other reason than
The joy in being Father and Mother.

Through the years you grew in so many ways
Always bringing us happiness
And with wonder filling our days
And we applauded every accomplishment
As we watched you mature and grow
That we were so very proud of you
We tried to always let you know.

And now we get these little gifts
And cards and notes and such
That are so very precious
Sweet like that first little baby touch
For each loving act of kindness
Was already formed in your tiny heart
And that first sweet baby kiss
Was the first loving gesture in a long line
Of many sweet and treasured memories
That are stored eternally in this heart of mine.

Love,
Mom
Thena

No comments: