Friday, January 06, 2006

Looking to the Future

I see the two of you sitting there
Playing together and unaware of me,
It's more than just the present
But the future that I see.

I see you looking sweet and innocent
And enjoying the time with each other
As two little friends today
As well as sister and her big brother.

You are so protective of her
As you sit there in the sand
Taking time to teach her
And hold her baby hand.

I see the future in you both
For you are only little for awhile
And it's love I see in your sweet face
And tenderness in your smiles.

Thena

2 comments:

Janna said...

heya thena!

so glad to have found your blog!! i just wanted to say i think you ROCK! i love your poetry, and i think you're so kind and generous with your talent... so often on 2P's i see... "thena, i need this..." so, here's my poem for you. I(f it's been said before, well, it's original to me!!! plus, it's 1:30 a.m., lol;)

roses are red
violets are blue
why is it i can't
write a poem like you?

warm regards,

janna
~going to bed now~

Anonymous said...

Thena,

I have been a blog lurker of many blogs for so long....your poems always reflect what is REAL! This one really made me come out of my lurking closet to let you know that this one really spoke to me! Often I come across great page titles, poems, phrases, etc. for "sisters", "brothers", etc. But rarely do I come across anything for siblings (especially one that reflects a boy with a younger sister - my son is 22 & my daughter is 19!).

Thank you for your wonderful talent (and fabulous sense of humor!) You have touched many with your gift and your generous gift of sharing!

Bowing to your greatness.......

Karen