Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Poem a Day: A Poem a Day

Autism

They said you had autism
And I had no idea what it meant
And was so sad when I couldn't reach you...
How then could I teach you...

About life and love and happiness
And how could I get into that little world
Where you seem to dwell
And how could I make you well?

I do not yet know the answers
But I do know that God above
Sent you to me my precious child
For me to shower you with love.

Thena


When You Changed

We were so happy and excited
And when you were born
We were so delighted!
But soon we notice that you
Were not doing things
That other kids could do.
We love you so much
And we wanted you to be whole
And of your little mind be in control.
But we learned that this is something
That will not suddenly go away
And we must live with it from day to day.
So we teach you, nurture you love you
(oh, how we love you!)
And we pray....

Thena

1 comment:

Katie Nelson said...

Oh Thena, this is wondeful! I'm going to link to it on my autism blog today. :)

Thank you so much!