Monday, January 16, 2006

A Poem a Day

I Have This Day
I have this day to smell the roses
And feel the wind against my face
To bask in God's warm sunlight
And to feel my family's sweet embrace.
I have this day to view the ocean
And stand upon the shore
To ponder all the mysteries
That eternity has in store.
I do not take it lightly
And always when I pray
I thank the Lord in Heaven
That I have this day!
And when the day is over
And the sun indeed has set
I thank Him for the morning
That I have not seen as yet.
And if I should rise upon the morrow
And have yet another day
Then it is just another blessing
That the Good Lord sent my way.
Thena Smith

God Gave Me
God gave me a sense of humor
And let me enjoy so much fun
With all of the friends I've made
And all the things I've done.
God blessed me with a family
And friends who mean so much
Who reach out in joy or sorrow
And give my life a special touch.
I have had both tears and laughter
And in hard times I will surrive
Because of all the friends like you
Who help me to succeed and thrive.
I love my life and living it
Brings me joy each day
Joy that not even a bit of illness
Could ever take away.
Thena

Today, Let's...

Let's smile and laugh a bit
Try on clothes and see if they fit
Let's go outside and dance in the rain
And if we fall down, let's get up again!
Let's talk about life
and those we love
Those on the earth
And those in Heaven above.
Let's bake some cookies
And pick out all the chocolate chips
Let's buy big bags of snacks
And eat fattening dips!
let's have fun just being
And living today
And enjoy all the sunshine
That God sends our way!
Thena

No comments: