Saturday, January 21, 2006

Scrapbooking my View of Life

My Mind

I fear my mind is leaving
Don't know where it is going
But yesterday I went to mow the lawn
And realized it was snowing.

I put the dishes in the cupboard
And others into the sink
Then I took out a glass
To get myself a drink.

I realized my mind at sixty
Was not the same as it was at thirty
For the dishes in the sink were clean
And the ones in the cupboard dirty.

I took the dog to the carwash
To get a wash and shine
But didn't stay to get it done
For there was too long a line.

I cleaned and scrubbed the car
Using a new flea shampoo
So that now it looks so lovely
Just as good as when it was new!

I think I'm aging gracefully
I like my life just fine.
The only regret I have--
I really miss my mind!

Thena
Sept 12, 2004

1 comment:

Shalah said...

OMG! I just love this poem!

amymarie